Jobs - Discourse.ros.org
Topics in the 'Jobs' category Please use this category to post job openings of interest to ROS users.
Topics in the 'Jobs' category Please use this category to post job openings of interest to ROS users. https://discourse.ros.org/c/jobs
Junior Robotics Engineer (ROS) - ( Turkey / Kocaeli )
We are looking for talented junior robotics engineers for our Research and Development Office in GOSB Teknopark, Gebze. We offer challenging responsibilities and a creative environment for you to take a step forward on designing the autonomous drones of the future.
Working as a robotics engineer on our end-to-end autonomous drone and ground systems
Conceptualization of draft solutions regarding our autonomous systems with material choice, functionality and manufacturing technologies in mind
Transferring of concepts into detailed designs, creating 3D-models and drawings for prototyping and manufacturing
Budgeting, management and coordination of all the prototyping and manufacturing stages
Managing and advising our long-term and summer practice interns
Working with project management and productivity tools
A minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field (i.e robotics, mechatronics)
A passion for designing and developing autonomous systems
Having completed multiple projects invdividually and/or within a team in designing and manufacturing robotics and/or electromechanical systems
Excellent understanding of structures, material and manufacturing technologies
Excellent understanding of kinematics, dynamics and control theory, especially of aerial and more generally mobile robotics and manipulation
Experience and deep understanding of CAD software and the ability to rapidly learn newly introduced ones rapidly
Working knowledge of simulation environments
An outstanding visuospatial intelligence
A strong command in English is highly required since your job will almost always require you to read, understand and write perfectly in English
Ability and availability to work overtime when necessary and adaptation to shifted working hours in between approximately 10:00-20:00
Ability to work based on tasks, deadlines and due dates
Highly collaborative, experience in working with Agile teams
Ability to work on a fast-paced startup environment
Must be graduated from a Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or Aerospace Engineering Major of a top university
Preferrably from a high school with admirable recognition
Excellent command especially in SolidWorks
Experience in functional mechanical design of unmanned aerial vehicles, especially multirotors
Experience in functional mechanical design of unmanned ground vehicles
Experience in design of functional 3D parts
Nice To Have
Basic understanding of circuit design and power electronics
Above average skills in programming
Basic understanding of robotics software/frameworks, especially Robot Operating System
In Return We Offer
Vested stock options
Flexible working hours/days and vacations
ROS software engineer - Shenzhen (China)
Mars Medical Robot is Start-up created on March 2016. We are working on R&D in relation with Minimally Invasive Surgery. Our objective is to provide a new vision of robotic surgery on collaboration with physicians, innovative talent and medical staff.
We are looking for motivated and experienced people to develop the future of robotic surgery.
- Familiar with ROS, Linux, C++
- Skilled with real-time environments
- Good understanding of robot kinematics
- Rigorous (work with international medical standards)
- Software development (includes the design, implementation, test and documentation of the software)
- Research and analysis of the existing solutions and technologies relevant for the projects
- Independently solve technical problems by applying expertise within your area
- Analysis of the product profile and requirements
- Providing technical guidance for the software development team. Share knowledge among the teams
- Cooperate with other teams for product verification and troubleshooting
ROS software engineer - Lisbon (Portugal) - MOV.AI
MOV.AI is a silicon-valley funded startup - based in Lisbon (Portugal) - developing next generation robot software for a variety of hardware platforms. We are looking for experienced developers passionate about all things robotics with knowledge of ROS and interest in specific domains such as DSO, R/CNN, CPU/GPU optimization and real-time/embedded. We offer a competitive package including guaranteed good weather and surfing.
Please drop us an email to: email@example.com
ROS2 jobs at Toyota Research Institute, Cambridge MA
We have some openings at Toyota Research Institute for ROS2 developers in our Cambridge, MA office.
Follow the links for more information and how to apply:
Senior Software Developer - Robot Systems Waterloo, Ontario CANADA Inbox x
Company - Avidbots
Location: Waterloo, ON Canada
Fulltime - 1 position
We are creating the next generation cleaning robots that will take over the cleaning industry!
Our robots use lasers and camera to understand the area to clean and then plan the optimal path to clean it as efficiently as possible without bumping into anything.
We are looking for a senior software developer to expand, maintain, and improve our existing code base that includes applications and a Qt UI on the robot.
Ideally, you love to code and solve problems in a real-time environment. You have made significant architectural contributions to complex systems and worked on GUI applications from the ground up. You take pride in well-designed, clean, and reliable code. You enjoy being a technical expert in your area. You will combine all of this, to lead a small team of developers to wow our customers! Since we are a startup, you will be wearing many hats - the job might include helping create testing frameworks, continuous integration and helping with other software development tasks.
You will be working alongside an experienced team of robotics veterans and programmers to support you along the way.
Work in a small team to create, maintain, and improve our robot’s applications and GUI
Become a technical expert of your domain and contribute to the overall robot architecture
Contribute to improving the development environment and processes
5+ years of software development experience (C/C++, Python preferred)
Driven individual, passionate, self-starter
Experience with graphical user interfaces (Qt QML experience a bonus)
Not afraid of working in a Linux-based OS with command-lines and some driver-level development
B.Sc. or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
Have built, designed or brought robots to life before
Know what Robot Operating System (ROS) is
Experience with software testing/continuous integration, agile
Experience with real-time software
Enjoy leading or working in a small team with big dreams
[JOBS] Robotics Jobs (Computer Vision, Software, Mathematics, Mechatronics) at TUMCREATE Singapore
TUMCREATE is a leading research institute set up by the Technical University
of Munich, Germany in collaboration with the Singapore Government. TUMCREATE
has received funding and support for the SPEEDCARGO project from the Civil
Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) & the National Research Foundation
(NRF) to develop automation solutions that will transform the air freight
logistics sector. The SPEEDCARGO solution is the world’s first AI-powered
robotic solution for automatic build-up and break down of aviation cargo
pallets and will help Singapore lead the transformation of the logistics
industry globally. The project is seeking technical experts with a passion
for creating world class products, and a willingness to work in a fast
paced, quality obsessed, multi-cultural global environment. On successful
completion, the project will spin-off as a start-up with members of the
project team having the option to join the start-up with benefits that
include attractive ESOPs. Apply now if you are interested in working on
cutting edge technologies, changing the world with your work and joining a
dynamic start-up team.
For Open Position in Robotics, Vision, Mathematical Optimisation,
Mechatronics … Please have a look ate the job posting under
For more info about the project please look at
For any another question please write to me at
Head of Cognitive Systems and Robotics
1 Create Way
#10-02 CREATE Tower
Tel. + 65 6601 4028
Fax + 65 6601 4016
Software engineer ROS(-Industrial) group Robotics Institute TU Delft
Want to work on and with ROS and ROS-Industrial in a relaxed environment with nice working hours and access to state of the art equipment and research? Want to get involved on a global level with the development of new capabilities and software for ROS?
If so, see the below vacancy that is currently available in my group at the Robotics Institute of the Technical University in Delft – my university.
The department of Cognitive Robotics within the Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, is looking for candidates for a ROS-developer position within the context of the EU project “System for Robotics”.
Our goal with this project is to further develop the ROS-Industrial community and to help scale-ups (with robotics) to grow faster by assisting them with implementing and using ROS-Industrial software for their smart robotic implementations.
- day-to-day System for Robotics project management
- various ROS development and implementation activities on-site at the participating European SME’s
- strong contribution to the ROS-I community, e.g. contributing to “ROS-Answers”
- contribution to ongoing research projects within our department “Cognitive Robotics”
- contribution to ROS applications for SME’s through our RoboHouse research centre
- contribution to ROS applications in our Smart Advanced Manufacturing (eXtra Large) research centre for composite production automation
What do we ask?
The ideal candidate for this position has an MSc degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field. The candidate must have strong analytical skills and must be able to work at the intersection of several research domains. Additionally, important characteristics of a successful candidate are:
- communication skills (with business owners and technical employees of SMEs)
- experience with software quality and testing approaches
- programming experience: C++, Python
- experience with ROS
- affinity with industrial robotics and automation
- excellent written and verbal English skills
What do we offer
We offer the opportunity to do technically challenging research and development in a multi-disciplinary research group and together with interesting industrial partners. The appointment will be for a period of 1 year, with possibility of extension to 3 years. As an employee of the university you will receive a competitive salary (between approx. EUR 2450 and EUR 3200 gross per month based on a full-time appointment and depending on the candidate’s qualifications), as well as excellent secondary benefits in accordance with the Collective Agreement (CAO) of the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU). Assistance with accommodation can be arranged.
How to apply
Please make sure to investigate the “ROS-Industrial” community before applying. Submit your application to Prof. Martijn Wisse (firstname.lastname@example.org) before June the 25th, 2018. Include a cover letter along with a detailed curriculum vitae. Prof. Wisse can also be contacted for more information about this vacancy.
About 3mE and the Delft Robotics Institute
The department of Cognitive Robotics is part of the Faculty of 3mE, which trains committed engineering students, PhD candidates and post-doctoral researchers in groundbreaking scientific research in the fields of mechanical, maritime and materials engineering. The department of Cognitive Robotics is also one of the core groups of the TU Delft Robotics Institute, which is a quickly growing interdepartmental organization with over 150 robotics-oriented researchers from 6 departments ranging from Computer Science to Industrial Design Engineering. More information at http://robotics.tudelft.nl.
Looking to pay someone to help out with ROS and rviz immediately!
We are preparing an exhibition and our expert on ROS and rviz has become sick.
We immediately need someone who could help us in making our demonstrator with a FANUC LR Mate work.
Will pay on an hourly basis.
Would communicate on Teamviewer and ask technical questions about details on ROS, rviz etc.
We are located in Recklinghausen, Germany.
Please send me a msg with your email address or cell phone number and I will get back with you asap.
Thanks a lot!
PhD Position within Industrial Robotics towards the Norwegian Manufacturing Industry - NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Faculty of Engineering
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
PhD Position within Industrial Robotics towards the Norwegian Manufacturing Industry (IV-188/18)
The PhD scholarship is part of the Productions Systems Group at Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering.
The candidate will work on solutions for the robotic production of small-batch and one-off products. The solutions will be implemented in the robot laboratories of the production systems group, comprising several real-time controlled industrial robots and industrial grade 3D vision systems. The focus will be on the integration of off-line programming solutions with motion planning and real-time trajectory generation methods, as well as 3D vision systems and geometric calibration methods. The candidate should be proficient in kinematics and geometric methods for industrial robots and robot vision systems, and the development of software for such systems. Experience with ROS/ROS2, MoveIt!, Matlab, Python, and C++ is desired.
The candidate must have a relevant MSc degree in Manufacturing, Robotics, Computer Science, Control Systems, or equivalent with an average grade of B or better according to either NTNU’s or the ECTS grading system.
Applicants need to have excellent presentation and communication skills.
Fluency in English - written and oral.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: www.ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
The candidate must have excellent analytical and modeling skills combined with interest and experience in experimental work. The successful applicants are motivated and ambitious students with excellent grades. Proficiency to carry out goal-oriented work, good skills to deliver oral and written presentations of research results (good writing skills in English are essential), and good cooperation abilities will be emphasized.
The PhD candidates will be required to work in Trondheim at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. A statement on when the applicant can start in the position if selected should be supplied.
PhD Candidates are remunerated in code 1017, and are normally remunerated with a gross salary NOK 436.900 before tax deduction. There will be a 2 % deduction to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund from gross wage. As a member of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund you are offered:
- A good pension scheme
- A favorable housing loan interest
- Good insurance schemes
Applicants for a PhD will have to engage in an organized PhD training program, and appointment in the positions requires approval of the applicants plan and qualifications for the PhD study within three months from the date of commencement of the PhD position. See https://www.ntnu.edu/iv/phd-information and https://innsida.ntnu.no/doktorgrad for more information.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The positions adhere to the Norwegian Government’s policy of balanced ethnicity, age and gender. Persons with immigrant background are encouraged to apply. NTNU´s objective is to increase the number of females in scientific positions and female applicants are therefore encouraged to apply.
The position is of 3 years duration.
The application should contain:
- CV which should include: relevant formal educational background, diploma grade, participation in research projects, work experience, skills and any other relevant experience.
- Certified diploma (note that diploma supplement or similar has to be attached for degrees outside Norway and master diplomas from China have to be verified by CDGDC (http://www.chinadegrees.cn/en/).
- Certified grade transcripts and documentation of an average grade of B or better as described above.
- Three reference letters.
- Motivational letter of maximum two pages describing why the applicant wants to come to NTNU, the applicant’s view of research challenges within the area of the PhD position and how the applicant´s competence can contribute to solve these challenges.
- Statement of experience with regard to the list of important subject areas mentioned above.
- If applicable, list of publications, conferences presentations and other relevant scientific work
- Proficiency in English, best shown by providing TOEFL scores.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Test scores or equivalent would strengthen the application.
For further information about the position, please contact:
Applications should be submitted electronically through www.jobbnorge.no. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered. Mark the application with ref.no IV-188/18
Anticipated commencement: To be agreed with the Department.
Application deadline: 14 June 2018
According to the new Freedom of Information Act, information concerning the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to be included in the list of applicants.
Multiple positions @ Open Robotics in Singapore
- DevOps Engineer
- Simulation Content Developer
- Software Engineer: Distributed Systems
- Software Engineer: Web
Singapore citizenship or permanent residency is required for these positions.
For more information and to apply, please visit our careers page.
At Open Robotics, we work with industry, academia, and government to create and support open software and hardware for use in robotics, from research and education to product development. The unifying theme of our team and our work is openness. We use and we build open systems, and we foster an open source community that is at the heart of our projects.
We are seeking motivated, friendly, collaborative individuals with excellent software skills and an interest in robotics. We are committed to building a culturally diverse team and we encourage applications from women and members of other traditionally underrepresented groups in the tech community.
We maintain an open and interactive work environment and take pride in striking a sustainable work/life balance. We develop software in the open and collaborate freely with colleagues at other companies and universities. We approach the engineering and science of robotics systems with a focus on quality and usability, and we aim for our work to have impact far beyond our team. We believe that we’re changing the world with what we’re doing, and we hope that you agree.
Software Engineer - ROS, Palo Alto and Seattle
Are you interested in making history and building an Amazon service?
Our teams across Amazon are working on several Robotics projects to solve real-world problems. To achieve this, we are looking for engineering professionals interested in contributing to open source software, and are interested in the development of ROS 2/Gazebo to solve complex Robotics problems.
- We have multiple positions open in Palo Alto, CA, and Seattle, WA.
- We are looking for Engineers with at least 3 years industry experience in ROS1/ROS 2.
If interested, please email me at email@example.com.
Robot Perception and Manipulation Opening
We are looking to augment our team with expertise in robot perception to assist in development of advanced manipulation capabilities for space and terrestrial applications. Target systems will include humanoid robots such as NASA’s Robonaut and Valkyrie.
Applicants should hold an advanced degree in Engineering or Computer Science with research or development contributions related to robot perception and/or machine vision. Experience with user interface design including 3D rendering and simulation would also be helpful. Should have experience integrating and testing algorithms on physical robotics platforms. Proficiency developing applications using ROS.
Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident. Please send resume, supporting information, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROS/ROS-Industrial Opening on the SwRI Robotics Team in San Antonio, TX
We have an opportunity for a full time software developer, ideally with ROS experience, supporting a wide variety of robotics work for industrial use cases. Get a chance to do applied engineering in a flexible environment involved in supporting ROS-Industrial, opportunities to propose and execute projects, both internally and externally funded. Work within a great team environment and be part of an initiative to continue to foster the community for ROS-Industrial! Check out the link below!
5 open positions at BSH CIV Robotics in Munich, Germany
My colleagues at BSH are looking for more roboticists, and ROS is a key skill, so don’t hesitate, apply
Their announcement is below, see the end for contact details and a link to the career page.
At BSH Corporate Innovation in Munich we are working on disruptive topics for a growing range of products including socially enabled consumer robots like Mykie, vacuum cleaning robots like Roxxter and other assistants working in our future homes. We carry out applied research up until product development and our goal is to work from sketch to scale and to transfer your ideas into new products. As a multi-brand company, we do this cross-divisional and for 14 global and regional brands including Bosch, Siemens, Gaggenau, Neff, Thermador and more. Our work also includes a close collaboration with our Bosch CR colleagues in Renningen (see cross-posting / Kai Oliver Arras).
We are intensifying our efforts and are seeking for a:
- System Architect (m/f) Robotics
- Software Expert (m/f) Robotic 3D-Vision & SLAM
- Engineer (m/f) Robotic Behaviour
- Robotic Engineer (m/f) Software Integration for 3D-Vision
- Robotics Software and Testing Engineer (m/f)
You will be working in a highly qualified team together with experts in robotics, artificial intelligence, computer vision, mechatronics, control, HRI, sensors, materials, embedded systems and UX. Possibilities to stay connected to the academic world by supervising students and taking part in conferences.
Your tasks will include:
- Application and implementation of state-of-the-art algorithms
- Systematic deployment, simulation, evaluation and benchmarking
- Integration of your methods into complete solutions and products for autonomous systems
- Cooperation with our product divisions, brands, regions, and Bosch CR
- Supervise students, write patents, travel to conferences
You are expected to have (see each position for details) e.g.:
- M.Sc. or PhD, depends on position and experience
- Profound knowledge of your field, strong analytical skills
- Strong programming skills in ROS, Gazebo, C/C++, Python
- Strong experience with Linux, DevOps, agile development methods
- Experience in sensor fusion, autonomous navigation, 3D computer vision
- Experience with system integration, timing, synchronization
- Joy in generating real robotic products with our UX team
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- High commitment combined with interpersonal skills in teams
- A learner mentality
How to apply: https://www.bsh-group.com/career/overview/
Location: BSH headquarters in Munich, Germany
Looking forward to your application!!
Dr.-Ing. Arne Rost
Head of Robotics
BSH Hausgeräte GmbH
Tel.: +49 89 4590 3002
Multiple Post-Doc Positions in Robotics
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) in the Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources at West Virginia University (WVU) invites applications for multiple Post-Doctoral Fellow positions in the general area of robotics. The specific subjects of interest include manipulation, planning, and the control of multi-agent systems.
Eligible candidates must hold an earned doctoral degree in robotics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a closely related field, at the time of appointment. A strong record of peer-reviewed publications and other scholarly activities in the relevant areas of interest is required for these positions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: developing and testing novel robotic systems and algorithms; guiding graduate and undergraduate students who will also work on the projects; conducting sponsored research and disseminating its findings at technical conferences and in archival journals; and assisting in the preparation of research proposals and project reports. Interest to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the areas of robotics and mechatronics will also be encouraged.
West Virginia University is the State’s comprehensive Land Grant University with an enrollment of about 29,000 students and a R1 Carnegie Classification. Morgantown and its vicinity has a diverse population of about 62,000 residents and is ranked highly among the most livable small cities in the country. The community lies within a high technology corridor that also includes several federal research facilities, as well as industries active in shale gas operations. The city is readily accessible and within driving distance from Pittsburgh, PA and Washington, DC. For more information on WVU and Morgantown, see http://www.wvu.edu and http://www.morgantownwv.gov.
The Statler College has seven academic departments, over 4,700 students, and 140 faculty members, with about $30 Million in annual external research expenditures. The Statler College is nationally recognized for high quality teaching, excellent research, and outstanding faculty and students. The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering has 35 tenure-track or tenured faculty members, over 750 undergraduate and 150 graduate students. It offers degrees at the B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. levels, including dual B.S. degrees in both aerospace and mechanical engineering. The general area of robotics has recently received strong support from the Statler College, the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, and the Lane Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. Our team has recently won the NASA Sample Return Robot Centennial Challenge with a total of $855,000 in prize. Other externally sponsored research projects related to robotics currently include precision robotic pollination, improved autonomy of planetary rovers, search and rescue in underground tunnels, and the cooperative estimation and control of heterogeneous UAV/UGV teams (https://www.youtube.com/user/WVUIRL).
To apply for this position, visit www.jobs.wvu.edu Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a two page research statement, and contact information for at least three professional references. Review of applications will begin on June 18, 2018. Only candidates who submit complete documentation will be considered in the review process. For further information, please contact Dr. Jason Gross at (304-293-3770), (Jason.Gross@mail.wvu.edu) or Dr. Yu Gu at (304-293-3992), (email@example.com). You may also visit the MAE website at http://www.mae.statler.wvu.edu
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Jacobs Engineering Full Time Robotic Software Developer Positions At NASA JSC
We are looking for individuals with a strong robotics or software development background to join NASA’s Valkyrie humanoid robot project. Current research focuses on advancing the state of humanoid robot technology and remote supervisory control in support of both terrestrial and space missions. Practical expertise is required in one or more of the following:
— Perception and/or Machine Vision
— Grasp Planning
— Localization and Mapping
— User Interface/User Experience Design
— 3D Rendering and Simulation
— Message-Based Middlewares
— Real-Time Safe Control Loops
— Component-Based Software Development
— Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant robotics-related field.
— Proficiency developing robotic applications using C++, Python, and ROS in a Linux environment.
— Experience working in a modern software development environment including the use of continuous integration, devops, unit testing, etc.
— Strong communication skills and comfort developing on a small, agile software team.
— Proficiency in Java.
— Graduate-level research experience (MS/PhD) in robotics and/or computer science.
— Experience integrating and testing software on physical robot platforms.
Please apply to the following positions at https://jacobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&org=CLG&keyword=JETS
— Robotics Software Engineer (Posting #AS0003C3)
— Robotics Software Developer (Posting # AS0003C2)
Modern C++ and Robotics Frameworks - Adjunct Faculty
About the position:
Brandeis University’s Graduate Professional Studies (GPS) is looking to hire an adjunct instructor for RBOT 210: Modern C++ and Robotics Frameworks. The instructor for this core course will help students understand and use the technology stack required to make an autonomous robot. Students will acquire the skills needed to transition robotics research to practice, while incorporating elements of good software design.
GPS instructors are active professionals in their respective fields. Researchers and scientists in academic settings may be actively engaged with companies on projects with industry impact. Applicants for adjunct instructor positions whose full-time position is in an academic setting should elaborate on their work and provide specific examples outlining how they actively engage with industry.
About the course:
RBOT 210 is an introduction to ROS framework and its architecture. Students will learn how to use ROS components to build the software system of a Robot. The course will also cover an introduction to Modern C++ with Template metaprogramming, C++11 idioms, shared pointers, etc.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Design and implement programmatic solutions to enable robots to function autonomously
• Develop modern C++ software to build end-to-end robot software systems
• Understand and use design and architectural patterns that are prevalent in Robotic software systems
• Effectively use tools in ROS, Gazebo, and analytic dashboards to drive engineering of the robot software system
General topics to be covered include:
• ROS Frameworks
- Architecture & core ROS components: Nodes & nodelets, distributed execution, communication (topics, messaging, services, parameters), actions, TF transformation system, time, bags
- Software Organization: ROS Packages, Launch files, Building with Catkin (and cmake), catkin workspaces
- Command line interface (CLI): Introspection of ros services, topics, services, packages
- Visualization & Simulation: Robot models (URDF), simulation environments (SDF), Visualizations with Rviz, UI tools (rqt)
- Illustrate the use of modern C++ techniques, design paradigms, etc during description of each of the above topics
Qualified candidates will have Subject Matter Qualifications in the following areas:
- Current active employment in the Robotics Software Engineering field, or related industry
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of hands on experience with C++ software development, software engineering and life cycle
- Experience developing robotic applications using ROS and other open source frameworks
- Experience with robotic system architecture development
- Strong understanding of ROS architecture and its components (and tools such as rviz, gazebo, etc.)
- Strong understanding of architectural and design patterns, C++ templates and metaprogramming techniques
- Teaching experience preferred; online teaching or learning experience preferred
General responsibilities include:
• For new courses requiring development:
- Design a syllabus following program chair guidance and the syllabus template
- Create content that aligns with course outcomes and offers the author’s experiences and perspectives on key points
• For all courses - develop and deliver the course according to our teaching standards, which include actively facilitating online discussions, providing relevant and timely feedback on student work, reporting grades, and discussing student issues with staff
• Create or refine and facilitate the course site in the Moodle learning management system
General skill requirements include:
• Strong interpersonal skills when relating to students
• The ability to communicate effectively in writing, including conveying complex information and promoting in-depth engagement on course topics
• The ability to devote adequate time to courses, including responding to students and providing meaningful feedback in a timely manner
About the Masters in Robotic Software Engineering Program:
From self-driving cars to farming to advances in healthcare and caretaking, nearly every global industry will be impacted by autonomous robots and the software that drives them. The Masters in Robotic Software Engineering will allow students to develop an advanced understanding of robotic engineering concepts and learn from leading software engineers and roboticists.
All GPS Masters courses are 10-weeks long and taught asynchronously in the online learning environment with no set days or times for interaction.
About GPS Faculty:
GPS Faculty instructors are active practitioners in the industries that align with our programs and have the professional expertise to bring to course discussions and threads. Instructors are part time and work fully online, with no requirement to appear on campus. Our faculty have earned at least a master’s degree with many holding terminal academic degrees and industry-specific credentials. Previous experience teaching online is not required; GPS offers a comprehensive training program for qualified applicants.
How to apply:
GPS welcomes applications for its adjunct faculty pool on an ongoing basis. The application process consists of the online application and, if subject matter qualifications are met, a series of interviews at the discretion of the Program Chair and Director of Program Development. Complete your application online at http://www.brandeis.edu/gps/community/apply-to-teach.html.
Dishcraft is hiring a ROS software engineer - San Francisco Bay Area
At Dishcraft Robotics, our mission is to build things that matter. We are a venture-backed Bay Area start-up that is revolutionizing robotics for commercial kitchens with computer vision, machine learning, and innovative mechanical design. Come join our talented team of technologists and business people as we create advanced machines in an industry that touches everyone.
First and foremost, we value people, intellectual engagement, and transparent communication. We are looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious and passionate engineer who is comfortable at the boundary between software and hardware to help bring our robots to life. You will be responsible for the software implementation and deployment of critical elements of our robotic system. Your software will be responsible for core functionality that controls and integrates motors and sensors and coordinates with other system elements.
About The Role
- Solid software engineer and experienced C++ programmer
- Hands-on experience using ROS to develop robotic applications
- Design and implement finite state machines
- Integrate software and hardware into a reliable, functional system
- Contribute to overall software system design
- This position requires close collaboration with other software engineers, mechanical engineers, product management and robots.
- BS/MS in computer science, computer engineering, robotics, or equivalent
- 4+ years professional experience developing robotics software to interface with sensors and actuators
- Proficiency in C++
- Excellent understanding of ROS
- Experience developing software on Linux
- Highly-motivated team player with evidence of technical leadership and strong technical collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Desire to be part of a fast-moving start-up and work in a fast-paced, collaborative, environment with few rigid boundaries
Dishcraft Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
How To Apply
ENWAY is looking for an embedded software engineer (Berlin - Germany)
ENWAY develops the software stack that enables autonomous operations of service vehicles. Our focus is on waste trucks, street sweepers and municipal waste management. We believe in teaming up autonomous vehicles and human labour to make jobs like street sweeping or trash collection safer, easier and more efficient. ENWAY partners with vehicle producers, private cleaning firms and municipal service providers.
Together with us
- You will have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware and software
- You will develop and implement scalable, real time critical embedded systems
- You will improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration and code reviews
- You will learn from the top computer scientists and engineers
You want to work for a dynamic, fast-paced growing startup for autonomous vehicles. You are smart, extremely driven and are always looking to deliver real results. You want to be surrounded by people like you, people that believe in our mission and have a passion for what they do.
You are highly motivated to create powerful software and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. You have a good sense on how to solve problems and understand the importance of working together as a team. You like the thought that your code will interact with the real world and help people with day to day operations. You’re looking for a job where you get to interact with a diverse team and learn something new every day.
- University degree in computer science, robotics or similar
- Extensive experience in programming reliable and clean code in C / C++
- Extensive experience in parallel programming methodologies as well as real time scheduling and context switching
- Experience in operating and debugging embedded systems
- Experience in in interfacing embedded systems with ROS 1 (or even ROS 2)
- Some practical experiences in the following areas are a definite plus
- Design of real time safety critical systems
- CAN bus communication and diagnostics
- Safety PLCs
- Electrical / electronic hardware
- Embedded software
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Great enthusiasm for robotics, software and a startup atmosphere
- Able to work fast and independently, yet favoring teamwork
- Proactive attitude, team spirit and great communication skills
- Willing to relocate to Berlin
- Fluency in English
Multiple Senior Robotics Positions @ Blue Ocean Robotics, Odense, Denmark
Blue Ocean Robotics is located in Odense, Denmark and looking for experienced robotics engineers. We have been involved in building robots through partnerships and spin-offs including:
P.S. We love Robots!
Boeing South Carolina looking for Robotics Automation Software Engineer(s)!
We’re building jets in South Carolina! Come help us transform aerospace manufacturing with state of the art robotics software development. #change the world!
Check out REQ 1800001469 at Careers @ Boeing, or contact Jenny Burke @ Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Req closes May 9th, get your application in before then…
Multiple Robotics Software Engineer and Project Management Openings @ Bastian Solutions
Bastian Solutions and its parent company Toyota Industries is looking for multiple highly motivated Robotics Engineers to join its R&D team. We are looking for engineers experienced in autonomous vehicle localization, navigation, mapping and implementation. We are also looking for people who have experience with ROS-I, MoveIt!, Computer Vision (2D and 3D), Motion Planning, and everything else that goes into an advanced robotic system. We are hiring for multiple levels of experience in multiple locations across the US (KY, ID, TX). Here are some of the recent job postings, I’ll try and keep this updated as we post more openings.
Intel Corporation - Senior Robotics Platform Software Engineer
This position needs to base in PRC Shanghai. Please contact and send your CV to email@example.com if you’re interested in joining us.
SSG OTC(Open Source Technology Center) LPE (Linux Platform Software Engineering) Robotics team is looking for highly motivated and experienced software engineers to work on platform/system software development for Robotics. In this position, you will work closely with internal team and external customers, to enable/integrate Intel silicon and design the platform features like security, real-time, FuSa etc for robotics or autonomous system. The domains across Intel IA architecture, Linux OS kernel & BSP and ROS/ROS2 framework. If you are interested in Robot industry, want to sharp your technical skills and build leadership on Robotic, it’s the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities include (but not limited):
- Work as the leading engineer on Robotic platform/system software components design and implementation.
- Work with cross-GEO teams to formulate complete Robotic software stack on multiple platforms.
- Analyze business requirements and drive Robotic feature to address the needs from customer.
- Work with open community projects (ROS, ROS2, etc) to optimize for Intel CPU and other Intel technologies.
You should possess a Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science or related fields (Master is preferred). The ideal candidate should possess 8+ years of work experiences, and 5+ years software design and development experiences is expected.
- Excellent programming skills in C++ and/or Python/C. Experiences on shell script programing is an added advantage.
- Deep understanding on technologies about security, real-time, functional safety, and optimization on IA platform and Linux OS.
- Deep understanding on Robotic OS principal and architecture.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent technical communication skills and team work spirit.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English .
- Experiences in software architecture design is a plus.
- Experiences in Open Source Project would be an added advantage.
Job Type: Full Time
Primary Location: PRC, Shanghai
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Job opportunity at Eurecat (Spain)
The Autonomous Systems group of Eurecat Technology Center (Barcelona) is looking for highly motivated researchers to work in the area of mobile robots, autonomous navigation and computer vision in the framework of several European and national research projects.
Eurecat Technology Centre is specialized in research and development on Mobile and Industrial Robotics and Automation. For over 10 years, the Autonomous Systems group has been involved in the development of autonomous navigation software for aerial and ground mobile robots, developing a large experience in Field and Industrial robotics. As a Technology Centre, we do applied R&D to enhance the capabilities and reliability of autonomous systems operating in realistic scenarios, improving the current methods and enabling new applications.
Our current project activities focus on the following technical challenges:
- Sensor-based localization, SLAM and navigation for Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) for mobile manipulators in the logistics and advanced manufacturing.
- Perception, localization and path-planning for Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV) on agriculture applications.
- Infrastructure inspections with Micro-Aerial Vehicles (MAV) (indoors and outdoors) with special focus on confined scenarios
- GNSS integration with IMU, cameras and laser sensors for robust indoor/outdoor seamless localization.
- Multi-robot systems
Links to our robotics projects sites:
Mobile Robotics Researcher
We are looking for highly-skilled roboticists to complete our robotics team. The candidate shall work on national and European research projects dealing with robotic systems, (mostly AGV, but also UGV and MAV). The main responsibilities will include the contribution and support of our software developments in different aspects of robotics with a special focus on localization (i.e. SLAM, EKF, Particle filters, optimization-based localization). Other specializations will be considered depending on the applicant background and experience.
Required skills for both job offers:
- MSc or PhD in Robotics/Computer Vision or related discipline
- Strong background in at least one of the following: SLAM and localization, deep learning, path planning, vision-based robotics and 3D perception.
- Knowledge about ROS (Robot Operating System) and Computer Vision.
- Advanced experience with C++, reusable code and software documentation.
- Team spirit and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility and creativity.
- Very good knowledge of English is required.
The job positions are available immediately and are on permanent basis. Salary to be negotiated.
Send the CV and motivation letter as a single PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship positions also available under request.
Looking for Boston ROS developers for robotic manipulation
We are a Boston-based company working out of the MassRobotics space. We are looking for software developpers with ROS experience to support our customer pilot and demo efforts. This includes full-time summer interns and part or full-time contractors.
Our code base is mainly C++ and the work will be hands-on, closed-loop autonomy with a Universal Robot UR3.
Please see the following link for more info:
Contact me at email@example.com